Educating caravanners about gas safety

London, UK - Two in five caravanners and campers have admitted taking enormous risks with their lives by bringing outdoor gas appliances inside as a result of the unpredictable British weather, according to a new survey by CORGI Homeplan.  

 

Millions are bringing lit barbecues inside their caravans, revealing a shocking lack of understanding of the risks involved when using gas cookers and barbecues. Even when their flames are extinguished, these appliances can all emit deadly carbon monoxide. A further two thirds of caravanners did not know that carbon monoxide can still be produced after a flame is extinguished.

The Camping and Caravanning Club has created a space on its site to educate campers and caravanners on safe camping habits. The space offers tips on fire safety, using gas and other fuels in caravans, carbon monoxide poisoning and the importance of taking out insurance prior to a trip.  

 

 

Created by caravanners for caravanners, Club Care is the perfect cover for a winter caravanning trip, with each service tailored to your needs. As the official insurance provider for members of the Camping and Caravanning Club, Club Care knows exactly what sort of cover caravanners need if they’re travelling with a static or touring caravan. Club Care insurance was awarded 5 stars by independent reviewers Defaqto for 3 years running, making it a leader in the travel insurance field.

 

 

Club Care’s standard insurance policy covers:  
Storm or flood damage
Theft, or attempted theft, fire, smoke, lightning, riots, falling aircraft and malicious acts of vandalism
Accidental damage
Up to £5 million public liability
New for old guarantee

 

January 11, 2017

Add new comment