Andrew’s book is a tribute to a great and successful caravan and motorhome manufacturing brand.
Eccles was the pioneer of the caravan and motorhome of today. This book describes how the company became a major force and the biggest producer of caravans in the world during the 1930s.
Drawing on his unique knowledge of the caravan and motorhome industry and an archive of material dating from 1919, Andrew takes us from the early development of the Eccles caravan and motorhome by the Riley family, through the war years when their skills were devoted to military equipment, and into the 1950s, when competition in the caravan and motorhome market began to grow.
Not only did the company design and build innovative vehicles, they also marketed them successfully to the public.
Purchased by Sprite caravans in 1960, Eccles continued to be a byword for sophisticated design and innovation, making it a market leader by the 1970s.
With its sale to the Swift Group in 1994, Eccles once again demonstrated its genius not only for survival but also for innovation in construction methods and interior design on a sound base of British caravan heritage.
To be in with a chance of winning The Story of Eccles Caravans (£14.99, Amberley), and a copy of Micro Caravans and Micro Motorhomes (£5.95, Zeteo Publishing) – which have both been signed by Andrew Jenkinson – Rafflecopter link below
Four runners-up will win a copy of the Micro Caravans and Micro Motorhomes booklet only, worth £5.95.
*The administrator of this competition is the Caravan Industry and Park Operator Magazine ("administrator"). By participating in the competition, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Administrator is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the competition. Entrants should look solely to Administrator with any questions, comments or problems related to the Competition. Administrator may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org during the Promotion Period.
* This giveaway will close at 12.00am, 21st May 2019.
* The prize is a 'A signed copy of Andrew Jenkinson book The Story of Eccles Caravans’. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable. There is no cash alternative.
* Open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Administrator, the sponsor, their families and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
* There is one compulsory entry which requests that to enter the competition you answer a question based on 'The copy of Andrew Jenkinson book The Story of Eccles Caravans’ information. Additional entries are available.
* The prize winner will be asked to provide their email address so that contact can be made to arrange prize delivery, and their name and county be published in the next issue of the magazine
* By entering the competition, you grant the Administrator permission to add your details to the mailing list, share your email address and any other personally identifiable information with the other competition Entities for the purpose of administration and prize fulfillment, including use in a publicly available Winners list.
* Entries will only be accepted as instructed and any entrant that does not complete the qualifying requirements will be disqualified
* The winner will be chosen using the random entry selector built into the widget.
* The winners will be informed by email within 5 days of the closing date, and must respond within 5 days to claim their prize. If there is no response within the 5 days and new winner will be drawn at random.
*This prize draw is governed by English law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in connection with it.